My Testimony Oswald C, an alumnus of Karunya
Praise the Lord! Greetings in the name of Jesus! I introduce myself as Oswald C, an alumnus of Karunya M.Tech Software Engineering, 2013 batch. My father is a Missionary in Bihar, running a church and my mother, a faculty in a college. I have a younger brother, working in an MNC. I belong to the native of Madurai. We belong to a middle class family. I would like to share my testimony for the glory of god through 3 sections(Life at Karunya, Life before and after Karunya) as given below.
My life before entering into Karunya:
My father was working as an officer in the corporation Office at the time of his marriage. Since god called him for ministry, he resigned his Job and came to do the ministry. From then onwards, our friends and relatives started to mock at us that we are fools leaving nice Job and coming and doing service for Jesus. Because, at that time we were suffering economically. But even at that time of difficulty, we as a whole family used to look at the face of Jesus in our family prayers. Slowly God started to lift us. Our ministry also grew. Then all of a sudden, we moved to Bihar to do the ministry. God lifted us there also.
Then I came to do my 10th studies at Tamil Nadu. God blessed my studies. I scored 474/500. In plus two, 1142/1200 with centum in a subject. Then, I got admission into a top notch private institute in TN for BE in CSE. There also, God started to bless my studies. Thank God that he helped me to come as a department topper getting Best Outgoing Student Award. I could able to bring one of my friends to know about Jesus Christ and to accept him as his personal Saviour. Jesus provided me with a nice Job in an MNC named CTS with 3 LPA as package. When I worked in the organization, god gave me the promotion as well. Then, my goal was centering on doing Post graduation at abroad. So, I was preparing for GRE. But due to hectic work schedule, I could not write the exam. Then, I got two top notch universities in the UK. But due to other reasons, I could not join there also. I was bit upset. Then god directed me to come to karunya and he gave me a seat in M.Tech Software engineering. I thank god for that. At that time, I did not know why I am joining here and what will happen after that.
At Karunya:
So, within the few days after I Joined here, I was not much happy because I was thinking of the opportunity I lost of doing PG studies abroad. Even I was not able to concentrate on classes. But then, One day on a Value Education lecture, a faculty from DOVE Department came and was telling about that person’s testimony. God started to speak through that. God told me to stop being sad and to start loving the environment where I am, so that he could bless me. I was very happy after that. I started to love the environment. I could able to concentrate the classes very well. In the exams, I could score very good marks.
From then on, God started to speak to me in the morning assembly prayers and it used to be an encouragement for me a lot. I used to attend all the evening prayers held at my Hostel block at EGR, JMR. Even amidst the tiredness after coming from the Institute, I used to love those prayer sessions and attend. It was a great comfort for me. God blessed me to come as a semester topper in my class. Every now and then, I was motivated by the hostel DOVE faculty members and department Faculty members. They were very supportive and helping. Also my PG guide and hostel warden helped me a lot. One day I attended a DOVE workshop taken by Anesh Sir. It was a marvelous session. After my First year, I could come as topper in the class.
One day when I was sitting at the Library, I came to know about Evangeline aunt’s first book “Kanmani Pol sumakkum Nesam”(He carried me) and I went to Bethesda and bought it. It was simply awesome and touching. Many times tears came after feeling about the love of God in aunt’s life. It encouraged me a lot in Christ. God started to do wonders in my life. God helped me to get MCM Scholarship. I was worrying a bit about my Job or full time Phd career after Karunya.
God says in Jeremiah 33.3, “Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know”. I was praying for it. I attended my first interview with an MNC, IBM India software Lab, Bangalore, which is the product development division of IBM. Out of the 70+ attended in the first round, 12 were selected. I was one among them. Then for the next rounds, we went to CIT for off campus. After 4-5 rounds, 4 students were selected from Coimbatore. Out of that, 2 from Karunya. By gods’ grace, I was one of them given with an offer of 6 Lakh per annum. I was offered an internship for the entire 4th semester with 25,000 stipend. Then I Joined there.
By his grace, I was able to come as a University Rank Holder with 8.77 CGPA, topping in all the semester in my class, getting cash award and certificate. I thank him for that. God gave me an opportunity to tell my testimony and to serve him at the Exam prayer meet held at Chennai 2013.
I was able to get the Best paper award for my M.Tech Thesis in an International Conference at Anna Univeristy, MIT Chennai. Even though, I was working in the organization, I was very much interested in doing research as a Phd in full time. So, I started to try for many top notch institutes like IIT’s. At last at IIT Madras(IIIT campus), I attend the interview. Out of the 100+ students, only 4 were chosen with 30K stipend per month in full time. By god’s grace, I was one among them. I got one of the best advisors. According to Jeremiah 33.3, he answered my prayers. In Karunya, I learnt the disciplined life. He blessed me physically, mentally, economically. Above all very important spiritually.
After Karunya:
Now I am doing full time research as a research scholar. I could able to come with many good explorations in research. My life centers around the verses, Proverbs 3. 5,6 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight”. After leaving from Karunya, I could feel that God has given the confidence, hope and motivation to face the real world and to live spiritually and to serve him. My Character also changed in many ways. Like how he says in Jeremiah 29.11, “I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” he has give the hope and prosperity. Like how he blessed, he has the same love to bless you and to protect you, love you, care you more and more because he is an ever loving and ever caring god. There is a reason that he has chosen you to live in this Karunya. He will help you and lift you high. God says in Psalm 84. 11-“No good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless”. Whenever we are sincere to him, he supplies only good things for us. May god bless you with strength and wisdom to do your best for the service of the society and for him! Best Wishes! Take Care!
-----

Comments